Chia seeds are chock full of important nutrients. They are a plant-based source of protein and calcium and are high in fiber and iron.
Chia seeds contain omega-3's shown to support a healthy complexion.
Chia seeds absorb almost 10 times their weight in liquid. That's what creates the creamy pudding texture.
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of nut milk or dairy milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 - 3 Tbsp of pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of dried whole cranberries
- Mix all ingredients together. Wait 10 minutes and stir again thoroughly. Refrigerate in a covered container for 4 hours or overnight.
- Stir and serve in individual jars or small bowls.
- Garnish with fresh fruit, nuts, and chocolate shavings