This impressive appetizer couldn't be easier to put together, thanks to prepared flatbread and cranberry sauce that can be made in advance. Once it's party time all you have to do is swirl the jewel-bright, slightly spicy cranberry sauce over a golden, toasty flatbread and drop creamy nuggets of goat cheese on top. Slice, serve, and enjoy.
- Prepared flatbread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cranberry sauce (recipe below)
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
- Fresh rosemary for garnish
- Preheat oven to 277ºC (350ºF). Place flatbread on a baking sheet and put in the oven. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, just to start warming.
- Remove flatbread from the oven. Spread heated cranberry sauce across the surface, leaving a small margin around the edges.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Return to oven until the flatbread is golden around the edges and the goat cheese is softened.
- Slice, add the rosemary garnish, and serve.
- 1 cup Wild Coast Fruit Dried Whole Cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Add all ingredients except rosemary to a saucepan and mix. Cook over low-medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently, so the flavors can combine and the cranberries plump.
- Remove from heat and let cool until warm.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the sauce, leaving some chunks.
- Stir in the chopped rosemary.
This appetizer is bright in both flavour and colours, with golden flatbread cradling crimson, spiced cranberry sauce and creamy, tangy dots of goat cheese. Add a sprig of fragrant green rosemary to garnish.